• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for recommendations to upgrade my ap201

Hi all, I'm looking recommendations to upgrade my ap201.
I look the 480t Airflow Tg but not have 3.5 drive bays and the 280x but is too small like my actual case.
The stores are: https://www.hardgamers.com.ar/
And google.
I have for this 80,000 Argentine pesos.
I'm looking for a case with good airflow, compatibility and fanhub preinstalled, but this is not mandatory.
Thanks in advance.
All the best.

It would be best if you gave us links with pc cases to choose from sorted ;)

Also, I found the Fara 312 and Thermaltake V150 (I have a 280 mm CLC)

So (for now) Fara 312 vs TT V150 vs Corsair 480t Airflow vs Corsair 280x

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary

Because is small case. I want a standard or full tower (out of my budget) case.

I see.

Ones you typed above are older ones, so it looks like you choose from used ones. If so, not seeing situation makes it hard to advise, but in general I would choose from ones high-airflow or sound-dampened. Simple choice between you prefering noise supression or lower temperatures. That's why I wouldn't go with V150 or 280X - their front glass panels reduce airflow, sentencing you to running fans louder. Or sound-dampened ones with glass side panel reducing majority of noise supression. Such in between cases just don't make sense, so you may only like their looks what will stop pleasing you after week.

From ones you typed I would choose from 312 or 480T. I like more SilverStone thanks to glass panel being easier to remove, better executed cable management side, having one fan more and more space for big CPU coolers. On the other hand I wouldn't buy non-ATX case due to smaller size making cooling harder and less space for thick GPUs easily filling 3+ slots. 312 is also on the edge of fitting longest GPUs already available. You may not be client for highend, big GPU or power hungry CPU cooled preferably with the biggest air coolers, but you may happen being one for used ones.

If we talk new ones, check Pure Base 500 family and Fractal Focus and Pop Air. Also Montech has quite value offerings recently. Hard to advise you anything not seeing the choice and prices, because the thing is about calculation - sometimes few quids more may give you way better case or some cases may be overpriced in your region.

But honestly buying a case is about buying once one big and uncompromised, from the best ones. Such costs, but is that good that won't ever feel needing changing, so spending on a case once again and all this time serves you better what it's all about. Maybe your budget is tight, but your AP201 and next budget case cost more than one better when giving you worse effect - you've entered bad cycle.

If we talk new ones, check Pure Base 500 family and Fractal Focus and Pop Air. Also Montech has quite value offerings recently. Hard to advise you anything not seeing the choice and prices, because the thing is about calculation - sometimes few quids more may give you way better case or some cases may be overpriced in your region.

But honestly buying a case is about buying once one big and uncompromised, from the best ones. Such costs, but is that good that won't ever feel needing changing, so spending on a case once again and all this time serves you better what it's all about. Maybe your budget is tight, but your AP201 and next budget case cost more than one better when giving you worse effect - you've entered bad cycle.
Thanks, topic solved.

All the best.

Thanks, topic solved.

All the best.
The AP201 is good, but I to small and not have good ventilation. Looking for something better with good airflow and at least a mid-tower.

The ideal for me: x2 or x3 140 mm in the front, CLC 280 mm in the top, x2 140 mm in the bottom or x2 120 mm and in the rear x1 140 mm.
But I don't find that case.

This looks good
Sin título.jpg

System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 20GB @ 2666 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Laptop built-in 144 Hz FHD screen
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 10
Because is small case. I want a standard or full tower (out of my budget) case.
most full towers are overpriced, standard tower is enough for most people too, i'd reco looking at deepcool. reasonable prices and fans preinstalled could be, although you should know that for this price fans aren't long lasters.

The ideal for me: x2 or x3 140 mm in the front, CLC 280 mm in the top, x2 140 mm in the bottom or x2 120 mm and in the rear x1 140 mm.

You seriously reduce yourself a choice with your absurdly overkill fan requirements. Filling whole case with fans is typical for people who don't know much about hardware, airflow and needs of given configurations - you are such person. Even chances are that your "The AP201 is good, but I to small and not have good ventilation" is not problem with the case, but anything other like high ambient temperature, bad fan curves or shitty cooling solutions of components like cheap GPU model or weak CPU cooler. Or simply for you temperatures always being too high. If some of these, changing the case may bring no difference or even make things worse.

TT case is nothing special, but it's always about the price.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
By specs alone, the Lian Li Lancool 216(X) looks like an amazing fit in its "water cooling" configuration (and comes with 1x140 - back - and 2x160 - front - fans). In the "air cooling" mode it can still fit a 360 AIO at the top mount, but not a 280.
Can you get one where you live?

1715256941191.png

Last edited:
You seriously reduce yourself a choice with your absurdly overkill fan requirements. Filling whole case with fans is typical for people who don't know much about hardware, airflow and needs of given configurations - you are such person. Even chances are that your "The AP201 is good, but I to small and not have good ventilation" is not problem with the case, but anything other like high ambient temperature, bad fan curves or shitty cooling solutions of components like cheap GPU model or weak CPU cooler. Or simply for you temperatures always being too high. If some of these, changing the case may bring no difference or even make things worse.

TT case is nothing special, but it's always about the price.
I have good temps but when I play a game the case make it very noisy (I have installed the games in an HDD)

So the reason to change the case is exactly noise from HDD? And don't you plan to move to at least SATA SSD? Games and everything in general would work better, faster and SSD don't make any noise.

So the reason to change the case is exactly noise from HDD? And don't you plan to move to at least SATA SSD? Games and everything in general would work better, faster and SSD don't make any noise.
I have an SSD (240 GB) I will make a test, to know is that is the problem.
I report later.

Edit: The HDD is not the noisy when I play games, I don't know what is, the GPU?

I make a video

I think the non brand Chinese (?) GPU is the problem
2.jpg

Last edited:

I have an SSD (240 GB) I will make a test, to know is that is the problem.
I report later.

Edit: The HDD is not the noisy when I play games, I don't know what is, the GPU?

I make a video

I think the non brand Chinese (?) GPU is the problem

When computer gets noisy, just open the case and see what makes this noise ;) If you have problem with localizing source of noise, what helps is rolling a sheet of paper, sticking to your ear and aiming with it various components.

BTW looking at you having only Ryzen 1600 and 6600XT, I'm pretty sure that changing case to one with better airflow won't solve your problem. Such rig barely needs any ventilation, so if increasing speed of your case fans don't change much, higher airflow case won't change it further.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Literally just get better fans. Your case is fine.