• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cybersecurity - OSINT Software for Linux

SasyanoTec

Hello guys, I wanted to ask if you knew about any OSINT Software for Linux that I can use?
I'm just trying to learn about general cybersecurity as much as I can, starting with little very useful things, so if you also know anything about this topic that gives me straight action and not learning like in school with books and stuff like that, I would be very happy.
Thank you for anything in advance.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC)
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Hello guys, I wanted to ask if you knew about any OSINT Software for Linux that I can use?
What?

if you also know anything about this topic that gives me straight action and not learning like in school with books and stuff like that
You want to learn security without study? That’s not going to go well. It’s a lot more complex than using software. The software is the tool; not the cure. You will still need to think.

I will restrain myself but go look into the Security+ there are free resources on YouTube, people going over the content and explaining it.

I learned with books and hours of study but some of the stuff people make videos for is legit; most isn’t, but some. Watch a few different people that go over it.

if you are asking questions like this you are miles away from:

nassus
Snort
Suricata
IOCs
Etcccccc

security is not that simple and it is multi discipline not a “thing”. You can be a pen tester, you can look for firmware bugs, you can learn how to break into buildings, woo people with charisma, plant malware etc.

you need to start basics so you can learn what branch you want to go down, you won’t ever be able to learn them all.

Are you looking for OSINT specifically?

Last edited:

SasyanoTec

What?

You want to learn security without study? That’s not going to go well. It’s a lot more complex than using software. The software is the tool; not the cure. You will still need to think.

I will restrain myself but go look into the Security+ there are free resources on YouTube, people going over the content and explaining it.

I learned with books and hours of study but some of the stuff people make videos for is legit; most isn’t, but some. Watch a few different people that go over it.

if you are asking questions like this you are miles away from:

nassus
Snort
Suricata
IOCs
Etcccccc

security is not that simple and it is multi discipline not a “thing”. You can be a pen tester, you can look for firmware bugs, you can learn how to break into buildings, woo people with charisma, plant malware etc.

you need to start basics so you can learn what branch you want to go down, you won’t ever be able to learn them all.

Are you looking for OSINT specifically?
i know for the basic stuff part, but i will start university in IT very soon this year, so i will get to that part;

for the youtube part, i've already watched tons and tons of videos and still i am: i'm just gathering as much info as possible, as fast as possible using multiple sources.

regarding OSINT, yes, in this case is what attracts me the most about cyber security. i like all that gathering information part.

thank you anyway for your answer.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC)
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
i know for the basic stuff part, but i will start university in IT very soon this year, so i will get to that part;

for the youtube part, i've already watched tons and tons of videos and still i am: i'm just gathering as much info as possible, as fast as possible using multiple sources.

regarding OSINT, yes, in this case is what attracts me the most about cyber security. i like all that gathering information part.

thank you anyway for your answer.
In that case take a look at this repo

And services like shodan. Kali Linux specifically I think has some built in osint modules and if they don’t or they aren’t what you are after you can install them yourself. The repo above will have info on specific tools and where to get more info and the ones that can be installed there respective repos will have instructions for.

most people will buy a cheap laptop when doing security related things. You can go this route, or if you’re doing more data collection and analysis you can opt for a VM. I wouldn’t run this on a primary or family machine.

It’s still not as simple as pressing a few keys; as osint itself can go deep depending on the data you want. So you will need to do a little leg work.

SasyanoTec

In that case take a look at this repo

And services like shodan. Kali Linux specifically I think has some built in osint modules and if they don’t or they aren’t what you are after you can install them yourself. The repo above will have info on specific tools and where to get more info and the ones that can be installed there respective repos will have instructions for.

most people will buy a cheap laptop when doing security related things. You can go this route, or if you’re doing more data collection and analysis you can opt for a VM. I wouldn’t run this on a primary or family machine.

It’s still not as simple as pressing a few keys; as osint itself can go deep depending on the data you want. So you will need to do a little leg work.
i understand; i have a laptop with Kali Linux installed and i use it only for those type of things and not as one of my primary pcs.
thank you for your help; i will try everything that you gave me.