• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Performance Benchmarks of AMD's Vega Frontier Edition Surface

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
This is disappointing. I wonder if they had to lower the IPC -compared to Fiji - to get higher frequencies. In any case I don't expect anything from drivers. Either RX Vega will be some kind of different in hardware, or it will have to be able to sustain a frequency close to 1700MHz to be highly competitive.
For now Vega looks like the GPU big companies where expecting, not like the GPU gamers where expecting.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
I hope is a driver issue.
Otherwise would be a major fail for AMD.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
This is disappointing. I wonder if they had to lower the IPC -compared to Fiji - to get higher frequencies. In any case I don't expect anything from drivers. Either RX Vega will be some kind of different in hardware, or it will have to be able to sustain a frequency close to 1700MHz to be highly competitive.
For now Vega looks like the GPU big companies where expecting, not like the GPU gamers where expecting.
it's totally different than fiji and It's not for gamers but it gives some information. if in fallout 4 this Vega shows the performance of 1080TI maybe Vega gaming edition will be as fast as1080 TI or even better. Since it's not gaming card and pulls of that much FPS in one game that can be an indication of the speed of RX Vega but across all the games not just one. It would seem that Vega is capable of reaching 1080 Ti's performance.

The chip is Fury X on steroids (imagine Fury X at 1,6 GHz) in its worst case scenarios and yet it sometimes performs even worse than old Fury X. How it doesn't click in anyone's heads that this just doesn't compute on any level in any way, makes no sense and is entirely illogical?

Old Fury X alone could be ultra competitive if they could run it at 1.6 GHz. So, seeing brand spanking new core with a lot of things further optimized and also learned from mistakes on Fury X from design perspective just doesn't make any sense for it to be still slower.

One thing that everyone seems to have forgotten is that games haven't been optimized for the Vega platform.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Launch was crappy, but lets be honest, this is a production card, not a gaming one. It's not meant to be released with all the colorful and noisy PR that we expect with gamer cards. Anyone remembers a lot of fanfare around every Quadro card release? I sure as hell don't. When was the last time anyone ran Fallout 4, Dirt, Heaven and 3DMark on them (be it FirePro or Quadro)? I honestly can't remember a single time. It doesn't matter what they say, basing whole RX Vega state on FE card is like evaluating gaming performance of GeForce cards using Quadro. Yes, they can run games, but they usually do it like shit as well.

So, people, don't be stupid. With all this excitement of finally having a first actual Vega core, people forgot they just threw all the logic out the window by testing it as a gamer card. If gaming RX Vega will be rubbish, piss on it by all means, but doing that now just makes everyone look like absolute cretins. Yes, I watched PCPer's live stream, but I still believe the same to be true.

I am going to mark this post and come back to it after July30th. Let's see how people are going to spin after the RX Vega drops. It will be glorious.

And for people calling FineWine, better driver maturation. Here is a little comparison of how much performance Fiji has improved over its current life.

First benchmark right after I got my card, no GPU overclocking. Using launch driver from AMD
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5488050

2yrs of driver optimization, no GPU overclocking. 17.6.1 driver
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12815443

Not the perfect analysis, but basically over the span of 2yrs I got additional 5% performance increase. That might give you some glimpse of how much FineWine you may get for Vega.

Power to you if you want to buy Vega.

The chip is Fury X on steroids (imagine Fury X at 1,6 GHz) in its worst case scenarios and yet it sometimes performs even worse than old Fury X. How it doesn't click in anyone's heads that this just doesn't compute on any level in any way, makes no sense and is entirely illogical?

Old Fury X alone could be ultra competitive if they could run it at 1.6 GHz. So, seeing brand spanking new core with a lot of things further optimized and also learned from mistakes on Fury X from design perspective just doesn't make any sense for it to be still slower.

FuryX is 4096bit
Vega is 2048bit.

So that fancy HBCC does not counter the loss of memory bandwidth.

System Name ACME Singularity Unit
Processor Coal-dual 9000
Motherboard Oak Plank
Cooling 4 Snow Yetis huffing and puffing in parallel
Memory Hasty Indian (I/O: 3 smoke signals per minute)
Video Card(s) Bob Ross AI module
Storage Stone Tablet 2.0
Display(s) Where are my glasses?
Case Hand sewn bull hide
Audio Device(s) On demand tribe singing
Power Supply Spin-o-Wheel-matic
Mouse Hamster original
Keyboard Chisel 1.9a (upgraded for Stone Tablet 2.0 compatibility)
Software It's all hard down here
A bit of a perspective here.

Unlike myself, my bro limits his budget on principle. Also unlike myself, he plays all those stupid, shallow, 193784645287 FPS minimum games i just... anyway, you get the picture.
He had an Ati 77xx, forget its name. He could run everything, never complained or asked for 'more'. *edit: or is it 66xx? Been a while, not certain*
He replaced it with a Fury X? X Nitro? The 4gb liquid cooled one. Has it still, plays everything, never complained.
He will replace it with the new Vega. I bet my hairy behind he will also be able to play everything and not complain.

Because why complain when you can run everything?

Just another perspective. Will leave (some of) you to your flame wars.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I am going to mark this post and come back to it after July30th. Let's see how people are going to spin after the RX Vega drops. It will be glorious.

And for people calling FineWine, better driver maturation. Here is a little comparison of how much performance Fiji has improved over its current life.

First benchmark right after I got my card, no GPU overclocking. Using launch driver from AMD
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5488050

2yrs of driver optimization, no GPU overclocking. 17.6.1 driver
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12815443

Not the perfect analysis, but basically over the span of 2yrs I got additional 5% performance increase. That might give you some glimpse of how much FineWine you may get for Vega.

Power to you if you want to buy Vega.

Meh, $/performance is the only true metric. Not everyone's an overclocker.

The FE Vega performance is way off and the most probable reason for that are massive driver problems. Tile based rasterization might not be working properly, HBCC might have issues, primitive discard acceleration is breaking, etc. The drivers might be in fallback mode, because otherwise the games are unplayable. Only AMD driver team knows what is wrong, everything else is pure speculation. If the performance of this card would not be fixable, the card would be released months ago. Why drag the launch date otherwise?

I reserve my judgment of Vega's gaming performance for the RX Vega launch (as any sane person would do) ...

Processor Undead CPU
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Software Windows 10 P
Meh, $/performance is the only true metric. Not everyone's an overclocker.

AMD should position RX Vega no more than $399 to be competitive. $349 would be sweet.

They surely love their new slogan "Disruptive" so I am waiting for some disruptive pricing. I agree, if the final gaming variant comes out with a good surprise in pricing it may still sell some.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7

If I am not mistaken, usually when someone is trying to create/change an architecture to work at higher frequencies, it ends up lowering the IPC. Pentium 4 was slower than Pentium III but could go at much higher frequencies. AMD FX was slower than Phenom II but could work at higher frequencies. Yes, these are CPUs not GPUs, but it could be the same case here.
It wasn't making sense to me either when AMD was introducing the 8150. My reaction was the same as yours. We have seen the failure of Pentium 4. How can they come 5 years latter and create a Pentium 4? Why not enhance Thuban cores, shrink them at 32nm and come out with a real 8+ core Thuban monster at 4GHz?

it's totally different than fiji and It's not for gamers but it gives some information. if in fallout 4 this Vega shows the performance of 1080TI maybe Vega gaming edition will be as fast as1080 TI or even better. Since it's not gaming card and pulls of that much FPS in one game that can be an indication of the speed of RX Vega but across all the games not just one. It would seem that Vega is capable of reaching 1080 Ti's performance.
That Fallout 4 score is a big hope for RX Vega, but I am not holding my breath.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
AMD should position RX Vega no more than $399 to be competitive. $349 would be sweet.

They surely love their new slogan "Disruptive" so I am waiting for some disruptive pricing. I agree, if the final gaming variant comes out with a good surprise in pricing it may still sell some.

So they have to do a Ryzen or burn? I don't think it's that bad.

Processor Undead CPU
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Software Windows 10 P
So they have to do a Ryzen or burn? I don't think it's that bad.

How much do you think AMD should price this? Anything over current 1080 price line-up will be bad.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
How much do you think AMD should price this? Anything over current 1080 price line-up will be bad.

Depends how it works in rx form. If it competes with the 1080/1080ti it can be priced as such just like the fury

If I am not mistaken, usually when someone is trying to create/change an architecture to work at higher frequencies, it ends up lowering the IPC. Pentium 4 was slower than Pentium III but could go at much higher frequencies. AMD FX was slower than Phenom II but could work at higher frequencies. Yes, these are CPUs not GPUs, but it could be the same case here.
It wasn't making sense to me either when AMD was introducing the 8150. My reaction was the same as yours. We have seen the failure of Pentium 4. How can they come 5 years latter and create a Pentium 4? Why not enhance Thuban cores, shrink them at 32nm and come out with a real 8+ core Thuban monster at 4GHz?

That Fallout 4 score is a big hope for RX Vega, but I am not holding my breath.

That's nonsense. You don't understand the principles or basics of chip designs. No one "lowers IPC" to gain clock. IPC and clock are entirely separate things. Clock only depends on the chip design. NVIDIA is currently using narrow but faster pipeline. AMD is using wide but slower pipeline. Because, if you want to achieve high clocks, you're required to have a lot of stages in the pipeline, making it long. And that isn't always a best thing (Pentium 4 was a huge failure because of this) because whith longer pipeline, you're gaining latency and discarding things half way through costs more, causing even higher performance penalties.

IPC on the other hand means Instructions Per Cycle (IPC). It doesn't matter whether core has 500MHz or 3GHz. One cycle is 1Hz essentially. So, IPC tells you how much work a chip can perform in 1 cycle. That's it.

Processor Undead CPU
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Software Windows 10 P
Depends how it works in rx form. If it competes with the 1080/1080ti it can be priced as such just like the fury

I am gonna watch more amd commercial and wait for it to happen then. :D :D

In other news, trolling is more fun when discussing Vega with diehard AMD boys.

Last edited:
System Name Off-Brand PC System
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard X399
Cooling Wraithripper
Video Card(s) Vega 64
Benchmark Scores Less than Intel and Nvidia
AMD has unofficially lost the GPU war. Volta is coming and that GTX 2060 will plow the fastest Vega.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
In my opinion only, I think the biggest problem is the fact that they released FE months ahead of RX. If it is true that RX will increase in performance due to drivers, clocks, etc., AMD did themselves NO favors by releasing FE first. My thinking on this is, had the roles been reversed and FE came out a couple months after RX, I seriously doubt it would have cost them lost money due to the card not being on the market for those months. However, what this launch did do was provide plenty of time for forums to buzz about how bad RX is going to be due to tests on a non-gaming version of the card. With the great momentum they have currently in the CPU realm, it really could carry over to the GPU launch in a big way (and no, I do not think 'any publicity is better than no publicity' in this case)

on a quick side note... I was under the impression that this is not a pro card (FirePro) that competes with Quaddro and it is not a main stream gaming card, but more of a prosumer (i.e. Titan) card. And if that is the case, then I don't think it's right to say this is a non-gaming card so we can forgive crappy results in game testing. I mean, wouldn't we have to say the same thing about Titan too? Except, Titan happens to also be a top end card for gaming performance. If I am wrong in this assumption, flame on....

For a company hoping to follow the grand slam that was Ryzen, with a walk off game winner in Vega.... They should have played the cards much closer to their chest just as they did with Ryzen and dropped a bomb out of nowhere with Vega (of course, only assuming that they already know for sure that they have a real competitor). They have Intel in scramble mode, and if RX is the real deal, they could have repeated with Vega and really disrupted the status quo.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
AMD has unofficially lost the GPU war. Volta is coming and that GTX 2060 will plow the fastest Vega.

Volta isn't coming they are refreshing pascal

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I find it amusing people still trying to defend a failed product launch and a bad flagship produxt.
Flagship of what? The gaming line of cards? Ha!

I'm amazed at how people are disappointed or amazed that performance is all over the place or not as great as hoped for.

THIS IS NOT YOUR GAMING VEGA. RELAX.

Rant over. Move on everyone, nothing to get disappointed or excited for on either side. Come back when RX Vega is released.

**and no, not a fanboy for either camp. I like both, and am not in the market for anything new right now; frankly, I can play everything I want very well, and that's all anyone needs.

Last edited:
System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
That can't be right, because God looks out for fools, drunks, little children, and AMD fanboys. So (their thinking goes), Vega will wipe the floor with the GTX 2080...because a million fanboys can't possibly be wrong...

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10